Saturday, May 16, 2009

My secret

So, I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to accomplish with this blog.  For now, I plan to use it to share the successes and failures of my training as I try to achieve the qualifying standard for the Olympic Trials in the marathon for the 2012 Olympics.  However, I also feel compelled to give enough history about my running to let people know that I have actually been quite normal all of my life, hating running or making up a great excuse for why I couldn't do it like 99% of the population.

If I have a goal for this blog, it is to disclose the "secrets" of my training.  I get asked what my secret is, and I have a hard time answering that.  What I think you'll find as you read, if you continue to read, is that there is no secret.  I work my ass off, I make as many smart decisions as stupid ones (but generally learn from both), and I have a great coach that I listen to implicitly. 

I really enjoy reading about other people's running experiences and how they train.  I have learned a lot from doing that and want to give back a little.  If my experiences can help other runners, then that's great.  If not, at least my Mom will know what I'm up to.       

No comments:

Post a Comment