Monday, January 25, 2016

This is Life

This blog has been dedicated to my running adventures for seven years now. In those 7 years, I have gone from being a somewhat fast runner to an Olympic Trials Qualifier and Marathon Winner. This blog was an important part of that journey for me. Regardless of whether people were actually reading, I felt like I was connected to a larger community cheering me on toward my goals. I am very grateful for that support and truly believe it helped me achieve my goals. Thank you! I have also met some wonderful people both virtually and now in person as a result of posting about my running here.

Over those 7 years, I have posted much less about my life, especially recently. I started a small business 2 years ago in the ecological consulting field and that currently occupies more of my time than I should probably admit. Self employment has so many wonderful benefits, but my gosh it is a lot of work. My business has really taken off and work-life balance has been a big challenge. I consider myself lucky to marry my passion with my work, so it is a labor of love.

Running is a big part of my life. While I continue to dream and set big goals, I have less time to devote to it, which includes time I can spend writing about it. The story of my running continues on but it is something I will likely share mostly with my friends and family. If you want to follow the nuts and bolts of my running, I am active on Strava. Give me a follow. I am not saying that this is the last you'll see of me and this blog, but I wanted to explain why you might not see posts from me very often. I am always open to questions via email/Facebook messenger/skywriting, so feel free to drop me a line.

Keep running your hearts out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Jaymee. I'm sure you have heaps of readers, many more than those who leave comments. Thanks also for saying that you'll keep the blog open for future posts, even if not entirely about running. I'll keep an eye out on Feedly. Meanwhile, Kudos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ewen, for your unflagging support over the years. More incentive for me to up my game on Strava!

      Delete