Friday, August 14, 2009

You're either in or you're out

I'm sorry to report that the Nike Lunar Glide is officially out. While it may rank high on the running fashion style-o-meter, it stinks as a trainer for me. I wanted to love this shoe, but I'm afraid I gave up on it after 3 runs. While a running shoe stylist may have put me in these shoes, I'm quite sure a true running shoe professional would not have advised me to buy them (and let me state that I had no help professional or otherwise with this purchase).

These shoes felt squirrelly on my feet during even the first wearing. I swear I felt like they were constantly correcting my position on the ground. They seemed to be on constant autopilot. I don't know how to describe it any better than that. While they are light compared to the Max Motos I normally run in, they did not feel 'fast'. I can only describe this as defiance of Newton's Third Law of Motion--feeling as though I was losing something to the ground with every step rather than getting an equal and opposite reaction from the pavement.

I can say that I liked the upper on this shoe and it really fit my foot well. Nonetheless, these shoes will be relegated to easy runs and dog walks from now on.

I am happy to report that my search for a better shoe did come up with a winner--the Nike Pegasus. I have worn this shoe before and quite honestly don't know why I ever broke up with it. She's a sweet little ride, only a fraction of an ounce heavier than the Lunar Glide and I scored a pair for $34 (tax free) at the BX!

So, my feet are happy again and my search is over. You should have seen my cute little blue outfit I wore tonight to match my newest pair of fashionable running shoes. Tim Gunn would be so proud.


1 comment:

  1. I just converted to the Pegasus from the Mizuno Wave Inspire and LOVE the Pegasus. It took me a while to find a pair of Nikes that work, but I am so happy with the Pegasus. Glad to hear your training is going spectacularly. Your blog is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete